Get To Know Me - The Beauty Blogger TagFriday, May 13, 2016
Today I have something a little bit different for you and it's a tag post. I saw this tag on the lovely Emilia's blog and I thought it was a really interesting tag and also a nice way of getting to know a little more about Emilia, so I thought I'd give it a go myself, I hope you enjoy it.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? My hair is straight, it used to be naturally poker straight but after having it straightened for a few years it does sometimes have a little wave if left to dry, which is random.
2. Is your hair is dyed, and do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? My hair is dyed, I have an all over tint and some different shades of blonde higlights/lowlights throughout. My sister is a hairdresser so I am very lucky that she does my hair for me.
3. Do you wear the same hairstyle every day or do you change it? I mostly wear my hair up in a pony tail but I do sometimes wear it down too.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or do you go to a salon? I used to go to a salon and have been using the same salon for 19 years but due to my illness it isn't possible now so I am very lucky to have 2 lovely daughters who paint my toe nails and paint my finger nails or if I am up to it rarely, I will paint my finger nails.
5. How often do you change your nail polish? I used to paint my nails every Sunday without fail but since having problems with my hands/fingers I can't now so it's just an if and when situation now, when my girls do them for me.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer? Sometimes I have my toes polished in the winter but mainly just the summer.
7. How long does it take you to put makeup on? Before my illness it would take me about an hour to apply a full face of makeup, but now it takes over 2 hours due to having breaks because of pain and fatigue.
8. What do you do first, face or eyes? It depends on the eyeshadow I'm wearing, some fall out more than others, if it's a brand that falls out a lot or a dark eye look I will do eyes first other than that it's always face first.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it? I would say a bit of both, I wouldn't say I have ever bought a whole MAC collection but I am always interested in their collections each month and am the same with limited edition palettes from other brands, but on the other hand I buy what I need.
10. How often do you wear false eye lashes? Hardly ever.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday? No, I used to years ago when I was in my late teens early twenties but not any more.
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family? I am never home alone due to my health conditions so I can't answer that I'm afraid, but if I were well and could be alone, and wasn't going out anywhere no I wouldn't wear makeup just to stay indoors alone.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup? Definitely.
14. How many high end makeup products do you own? I haven't ever counted I'm afraid.
15. Do you plan your outfit for the next day every night or decide when you're getting dressed? I usually wear leggings and a t shirt or skinny jeans and a t shirt so it doesn't require much planning, but if I were going somewhere such as an appointment or we're having visitors and want to look a little more presentable I may plan in advance.
16. How often do you change your handbag? Not too often to be honest, maybe once in autumn/winter and once in spring/summer.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep? I go to bed at different times, basically whenever Simon is going to bed and I get up when Simon does, I don't sleep well but Simon is up for work at around 6.30am during the week so I am up then too and it varies at the weekend.
18. How often or when do you work out? Never, for obvious reasons.
19. Left or right handed? Right.
20. How tall are you? 5'5"
21. Do you speak any foreign languages? I can speak a tiny bit of German that I remember from school and I know some Greek words.
22. How many pets do you have? We have 1 chocolate self mini lop rabbit called Tinkerbell, she was 9 in March and we did have her sister Tallulah who was a chocolate otter mini lop but unfortunately we lost her to cancer in November 2015, we also had a blue roan cocker spaniel called Oscar who we sadly lost in July 2014 aged 14.5.
23. How often are you on blogger? When I am posting/scheduling.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs? Sometimes I read the comments on other peoples blog posts but I always read and reply to the comments I get on my blog posts, I love reading and replying to comments, it's like having a chat with the people who read my posts and I love to get feedback.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try after seeing them on other peoples blog posts? Definitely, I pop things down in a note on my phone.
26. How did you come up with your blog name? My eldest daughter used to have a blog called Coleyyyful, she is called Nichole and everyone calls her Cole for short so it was a play on the word beautiful, she took a break for a few weeks and I covered for her and her readers asked me to start my own blog, I asked them what they thought I should call my blog and since I'm her mamma, they chose Mammaful, unfortunately it was taken and since my name is often shortened to Zo, my blog became Mammafulzo. I do now wish I had chosen something else and often think of changing my blog name but everyone I mention it to says "noooo don't do that, I know you as mammafulzo" so maybe I will leave it as it is, what do you think?
27. What kind of camera do you use for your blog photographs? My youngest daughter takes my blog photographs for me and she uses either a Panasonic Lumix camera or her iPhone 6.
28. What's your favourite colour? Pink.
29. Do you swear? Yes, not every other word but I do swear, not in blog posts though.
30. What are you doing for the rest of your day? Chatting to my mum and spending time with my family.
So that was the "Get to know me - The Beauty Blogger Tag" I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me. I am not going to tag specific people to do this tag in case they don't want to or I forget someone, but if you would like to do it, then please consider yourself tagged. If you have done a different tag and would like me to do it or there are any other tags you would like me to do, please let me know in the comments.
Thank you for reading, much love as always