My 2016 Goals - Did I Achieve Them?Saturday, December 31, 2016
I don't make New Years resolutions because to be perfectly honest, I never stick to them, so at the end of 2015 I decided that rather than make resolutions, I would set myself some goals. At the beginning of 2016 I wrote this blog post all about my goals for 2016, both my personal life goals and also my blogging goals and today I am going to re visit the goals I set for 2016 and let you know if I achieved those goals.
What Goals Did I Set For 2016?
I'd had a really horrible 2016, the bad news and bad luck started around September 2015 and just seemed to spiral and more and more bad news and bad luck kept on coming and because a lot of the bad stuff from 2015 was hanging over me as I started 2016 it was really hard to make goals and look forward but I did and I am glad I did as it gave me something to focus on.
Personal Life Goals For 2016
1. To think positively.
2. To keep up our jar of happy things.
3. To try not to worry so much.
4. To cut down on or give up Pepsi Max.
5. To ask for help when I need it and am struggling.
Did I Achieve Them?
1. I have tried my best to always think positively when I can throughout 2016, it has been hard sometimes but I have tried and for the most part, I have. I can't change what is going to happen by thinking positively but it feels better to have a positive outlook than to be negative.
2. We have indeed kept up our jar of happy things, if you would like to know more about our jar, read this post. We are really looking forward to tonight when we will open the jar and read out all the little notes inside.
3. This is a hard one and unfortunately I failed at this one, I am a born worrier and also have anxiety so it is hard for me not to worry and unfortunately on top of that, during the last couple of months my anxiety has become a lot worse and isn't great at all at the moment so I am sorry to say that I didn't do well with this one.
4. I did actually totally give up Pepsi Max for around 2 months earlier this year but I stupidly started to drink it "just at the weekends" which then crept up to daily again, so I am sorry to say that I did achieve this goal but then was an epic fail again. I am happy to say though that I don't drink as much Pepsi Max as I did do so I have cut down, so this is a, kind of achieved it type of goal.
5. I have achieved this goal in some ways, I do ask for help or let others help me rather than struggle along myself and I do use a wheelchair when I need to rather than just staying indoors because I don't want to be a burden to anyone, I have finally realised that Simon and the girls or whoever I am with doesn't mind pushing me and wouldn't do it if they couldn't, so I think can I tick this one off as achieved too.
Blogging Goals For 2016
1. Comment on blogs more.
2. Reach 1,000 Bloglovin followers.
3. Keep up my blogging schedule.
4. Believe in myself more.
5. Be more organised and procrastinate less.
Did I Achieve Them?
1. I have commented on a lot more blogs throughout 2016 and I have found some incredible blogs to read and follow by commenting more too. I love getting comments on my blog, it is so nice to interact with the people who read my blog so I try to do the same for other bloggers too, I have blogs I read regularly and always comment on and I have started to find new blogs to read and comment on too, if a blogger leaves me a comment, I will always go and read their latest blog post and comment too, so I have achieved this goal. I am thinking of writing a post on the blogs I have found and loved in 2016 too so if you'd like to see that, please let me know.
2. I am really happy to tell you that I did achieve this goal, I am currently at 1,279 Bloglovin followers so I am 279 followers over what I hoped for 2016 which is amazing and I hope to grow my followers more in 2017, it isn't about the numbers of course, but it is nice to know that people follow my blog because they want to read my content.
3. Although I have had my blog for around 4 years, I only started to blog seriously in around April/May of 2015, before then I posted every now and then and didn't have a schedule or really take my blog seriously. Once I began to take it seriously and realised how much I enjoyed blogging, I set a schedule of twice a week but then that didn't seem enough and I started to blog 5 times per week in October 2015 and had planned to keep this up. Unfortunately, my health decided that 5 times a week is just too much for me and although I am lucky to have help writing my blog, my youngest daughter takes all my photographs for me and I am able to speak blog posts to her or use voice dictation on my laptop, 5 times a week is just too much so from May 2016 I have been posting 3 times per week and I have stuck to it. I suppose I kind of achieved this goal, I did have 5 posts a week up, up until May 2016 so for the first 4 months of the year and for the rest of 2016 I have stuck to my schedule of 3 blog posts per week, so I kind of achieved my goal, I just had to tweak it a little bit.
4. This was a hard one, my friend Gemma is always telling me off for putting myself down and telling me I should believe in myself and my blog more and she is completely right so I decided this would be a goal for 2016. I have for the most part started to believe in myself more, I do however still put myself down, this is a hard habit to break I think, I am not a very confident person and that combined with the anxiety which has worsened makes it hard but I do try at least to believe in myself more, my blog DA has gone up which is nice and a bit of a boost, my blog followers have grown as have my social media followers, which I am hoping is a sign that people are enjoying my content and that does help me to believe in myself more, I have also had a lot more contact from PR companies and brands in the last 12 months which is lovely and really helps me to feel I must be doing something right. I have half achieved this I feel and it is something I will keep working on.
5. I am afraid to say that I am a big fat FAIL at this one, I have not been more organised at all and I still procrastinate horrendously, I will have the best intention to write a blog post and then I get a text or a call and whilst the phone is in my hand I start checking my social media channels, then I'll reply to some Whats App messages or listen to some voice messages and before I know it, 2 hours have gone by and I've written 2 lines of a post!! So I have most definitely not been more organised or procrastinated less and I am just as bad as I was at the start of 2016, epic fail right there.
I haven't done too badly with achieving my goals and have achieved some of them and half achieved a couple of them and completely failed at one from both my personal and blogging goals, I would love to have been able to sit here and say "yes I have achieved them all 100%" but I suppose I tried my best and my best is all I can do. I am going to carry on trying to worry less, and cut down on the Pepsi Max and I will try to believe in myself more and definitely be more organised so I will keep on trying with those goals and keep up with the goals I achieved. I suppose 3 out of 5 in both categories isn't too bad but I would have felt better if it had been 5 out of 5 but all I can do is keep trying.
I am going to set myself some more personal and blogging goals for 2017, and set myself little blog targets throughout the year in terms of numbers and for my social media accounts too. I will be back soon with my goals for 2017 post and please let me know if you would like me to share with you my social media goals too in that post.
Did you make and goals for 2016? Did you achieve them? Please let me know in the comments below, I hope I'm not the only one who has failed at life with some of their goals, please tell me you did too!
Happy New Year & all the very best for 2017, here's to a happy, healthy year for us all 💖
*Image credit - Google Images