Today I have something a little bit different for you, it's my first ever recipe post. I have been asked a lot to give you the recipe for the chicken and chorizo pasta that Simon makes and I have mentioned quite a lot, and today I have that recipe for you.
Ingredients List (serves 4)
1 large onion or 2 small onions (chopped)
3 peppers (cut into strips)
1 tub/punnet of mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 cloves of garlic (chopped) or 1 tsp of lazy garlic (as show above)
1 chorizo sausage (sliced)
3 chicken breasts (diced)
2 tbsp tomato puree
2/3 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Pasta of your choice, we use twists (use as much as you like to eat)
Flora spray oil or any oil or spray oil of your choice
1 tsp paprika (not shown on photo)
1/2 tsp mixed herbs (not shown on photo)
Salt & Pepper
1. Take a large pan and heat up your oil/spray oil
2. Add the onion, garlic, mixed herbs and paprika to the pan and leave to cook for approx 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chicken and stir to coat with the onion mix, leave to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chorizo and stir, leave to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the mushrooms and stir in well, leave for a couple of minutes, in the mean time, using a separate pan, fill with water and bring to the boil, this is for the pasta.
6. Add the peppers and give the mixture a good stir, leave for approx 1 minute.
7. Add the tomato puree and mix well, leave to cook for 10 minutes. Then add the pasta to the boiling water in the other pan.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup and season with salt and pepper, mix well, turn the heat down to a medium heat and leave to cook for approx 15 minutes without the pan lid as this will create steam/water in the mixture and thin it down too much. Stir occasionally.
9. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the chicken/chorizo mixture and stir well.
10. Serve onto plates, we add some grated cheese but you can leave this out if you wish.
11. Serve with garlic bread and enjoy.
The finished product - without the cheese
The dish will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2/3 days too, ideal for lunches, if we have some left over Simon usually takes it into work as they have a microwave to heat it up.
I hope you enjoyed my first ever recipe blog post and it was easy enough to follow. Please let me know if you make the dish and if you enjoyed it too. If you'd like more recipe blog posts please let me know, Simon is a qualified chef and worked as a chef for over 10 years before going into teaching so he has lots of great recipes up his sleeve.
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below and I will reply asap.
Thank you for reading, much love as always,