Today I have number two in my Easy Christmas Nail series for 2014. Today's look is a sparkly french manicure and I have three different variations of a french manicure for you.
A Sparkly French Manicure
L-R A silver sparkly french, a red sparkly french and a black sparkly french.
What you'll need
1. A base and top coat of your choosing. I like to use the Orly Bonder base coat and Orly Glosser top coat, both available HERE.
2. A pale pink base colour, my favourite is the Rimmel Brit manicure in the colour 445 available HERE for £4.49 (currently on a 3 for 2 promotion)
3. A Black nail polish, I used Barry M Nail Paint in Black, available for £2.99 HERE.
4. A Red nail polish, I used Barry M Nail Paint in Red, available for £2.99 HERE.
5. A White nail polish, I used Barry M Nail Paint in White, available for £2.99 HERE.
6. Glitter polishes, I used Barry M glitter in Rockstar (for black) Ruby slippers (for red) and Diamond glitter (for silver) all available for £2.99 HERE.
How to create a Sparkly French Manicure
1. Using a base coat of your choice, apply a coat of base coat and allow to dry.
2. Using the pink base colour (rimmel) apply 2-3 coats and allow to dry fully in between coats.
3. Using the colour of your choice, either black, red or white apply to the tips of your nails.
4. Using the corresponding glitter polish, apply over the painted tips.
5. Once the nails are fully dry, apply a coat of your chosen top coat.
6. All done!
These are super easy to create but look really effective and the red and black are something different to a classic french manicure but if you do want a different take on the classic french manicure then adding the Diamond glitter gives a real Christmassy look to any french manicure. All the colours look equally as nice on the toes. And when I have worn the red or black sparkly french manicure I have always received countless compliments.
As I always say, if you do recreate this nail look, please let me know and if possible send me a picture please, all my social media links are under the header 'where to find me' to the right of my blog with click able links in the squares.
If you missed out on number one in this series you can find it HERE.
Thank you for reading, much love as always,