FOTD - Face Of The DayMonday, May 09, 2016
I have a post today that I've never written before and it's a FOTD or face of the day post, I have seen these on many a blog and was recently asked if I could write a face of the day post myself. If you're not familiar with what a face of the day post is, it's basically where I share with you the products I've used to create a make up look and explain why I like them and if I would re purchase them and then show you a photograph of the finished make up look at the end of the post. So here goes, I shall crack on with my very first FOTD post.
The Products I Used
1. Smashbox Photofinish Hydrating Primer £28.00 - I adore this primer and have re purchased it many times and will continue to do so, if you suffer with dry or dehydrated skin or like me both of these things, this is a brilliant primer. It makes such a difference to the way my base looks, you can read my full review of the primer here if you wish and you can find it HERE if you would like to try it.
2. MAC Lip Erase £15.50 - I cannot believe this product doesn't get any love on blogs, I haven't ever seen a blog review of the Lip Erase apart from mine which you can read here if you would like to. The lip erase basically neutralises the colour of your lips meaning when you wear a lipstick or other lip product, the true shade comes off on your lips. I have very blue lips due to some medication I take and when I wear lipsticks they never look the correct shade on my lips because the blue in my lips throws the shade completely so this is a fantastic product for me, and will be brilliant for anyone with highly pigmented lips, so many people asked me about this after I wrote my review, it's such a shame it isnt mentioned more on blogs. Lip Erase is a pro product which means it isn't unfortunately available on MAC counters, but you can order it online HERE if you would like to try it.
3. Bobbi Brown Corrector £19.00 - This is brilliant if you have dark under eye circles and a tiny bit goes a long way, I find this is best applied with my ring finger and then blended out with my Beauty Blender. I have a full review of the corrector on my blog here if you would like a more in depth review and swatches, I use the shade Light to Medium Bisque which is perfect for me, it is nice and compact and easy to pop into my makeup bag, I have re purchased this and will continue to do so. If you would like to try it, you can find it HERE.
4. Estee Lauder Sheer Tint Release £40.00 - I like to use this as my base during the spring/summer, it is a tinted moisturiser and gives a nice glow to the skin and evens out my skin but doesn't provide coverage as such, I use my concealer in the areas I need some coverage. The sheer tint adapts to your skin tone so is a universal shade, if you are very pale this may be too dark for you, but saying that it is fine for me and I am fair, I am usually the second shade up in foundation for reference. Sheer tint also smells lovely and fresh and is nice and hydrating, if you just want a bit of colour and something to even out your skin tone this is a lovely option and I have re purchased it many times and will continue to do so, however I do want to give the EE cream a try too so if you have tried that please let me know in the comments what you think of it. If you would like to try the sheer tint, it is available HERE.
5. Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base £19.50 - This is my favourite eyeshadow base and one I have re purchased many times and will continue to do so, it is a brilliant eye primer to wear under eyeshadows, the colours of the shadows are more prominent when using this and I don't have any creasing or fading at all even after many hours of wear. I have recommended this to so many people and everyone who has bought or tried it after my recommendation has loved it, I used to use the Urban Decay eye primer but this is so much better in my opinion, the shadows look brighter and the colour payoff is much richer and stronger, it is a brilliant product and one I will always use and recommend. I do have a full review on my blog here if you would like to read it, or if you would like to pick one up, you can find it HERE.
6. MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer £15.50 - This has been my favourite concealer for a long time, I love it for under my eyes, it doesn't crease at all and isn't cakey, it's a nice consistency and lasts all day and I highly recommend it if you have fine lines around and under your eyes as it doesn't settle at all, I do have a full review here. I also use the MAC pro longwear concealer (£17.50) but stupidly forgot to add it to the photograph, that is a fabulous concealer also but it does settle into my fine lines under my eyes where the select moisture cover doesn't, I also have a full review of the MAC pro longwear concealer on my blog here, I have re purchased both concealers many times and will continue to do so and if you would like to try them, you can find the Select Moisture Cover HERE and the Pro Longwear HERE.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade (Blonde) £15.00 - This is excellent and has completely changed the way I do my brows, I really like it and will re purchase when I run out, however a little goes a very long way so that may be some time, it's a brilliant product and one I highly recommend, I do have a full review here including swatches and a photograph of me wearing it. It takes a little getting used to but I couldn't imagine not using it now. If you would like to try it, you can find it HERE.
8. MACnificent Me Times Nine Palette £30.00 - I love this palette, it has a lovely mix of shades in, the times 9 palettes are really good value and have now been reduced in price to £25.00 so even better, I use this palette a lot, it's really handy. Unfortunately it was a limited edition palette so I don't have a link but I would recommend the times 9 palettes MAC stock in their permanent range, I have the Amber one and it's great, see my full review of that here.
9. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length & Volume Mascara £21.00 - This mascara is the best mascara I have tried, it is fantastic and gives my very pathetic eye lashes length and volume and basically does exactly what it says on the tin. Everytime I wear it and upload a selfie to my Instagram account, I get comments on my lashes and asked which mascara I am wearing. It is brilliant and I wouldn't normally buy a high end mascara as I feel high street/drugstore ones do just as good of a job but this really is something else and I will re purchase it in a heartbeat. I do have a full review including before and after photographs of my lashes here if you would like to check that out and if you would like to try it, you can find it HERE including free delivery.
10. MAC Blot Powder £20.50 - I use the shade Light in the Blot Powder, I have used this powder for years and re purchased it many times and will continue to do so, it is a nice finely milled pressed powder that despite me having extremely dry and dehydrated skin, doesn't look cakey at all, finding a powder that doesn't look cakey with my skin type is really hard but the Blot Powder is lovely and if you have skin like mine, I would recommend giving it a try. If you would like to try it, you can find the Blot Powder HERE.
11. MAC Royal Sunset Blush - This has to be one of my favourite blushes of all time and unfortunately it is a limited edition product so I don't have a link, it is a stunning blush and one I wear so much throughout spring and summer, I don't want it to run out but so far I haven't hit pan and I've had it for over 2 years now, I think it will be 3 years in summer so I'm not doing bad considering how much I use it. MAC blushes are excellent and extremely pigmented, I highly recommend them, they are expensive but they last forever, as you can tell from this one of mine, it has been used to death but I've not made a dent in it.
12. Nars Audacious Lipstick In Kelly £24.00 - Nars lip products are brilliant and this is no exception, from the application to the wear time I can't fault it at all, the shade is a bright coral/red and it's lovely for the spring/summer but can also be worn all year round, I do have a full post here if you would like a more in depth review, these are expensive lipsticks but as a treat or a gift or if you just like to buy high end products, these are fabulous lipsticks. I would love to try more of the shades and since the shade range is huge with 40 shades to choose from, there is something for everyone. You can find the Nars Audacious lipstick in the shade Kelly HERE.
13. Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water £20.00 - I use the primer water as a finishing spray once my makeup is done, I find using a fixing spray helps to stop my makeup looking cakey and helps to stop it clinging to my dry skin, at the moment my skin is horrific and the worst it's ever been, I have no idea why but it's getting me down and it looks horrible no matter what products I use, I spritz the primer water over my face as the very last step to stop my makeup looking cakey, I don't think it particularly does much if I'm honest and I wouldn't buy this again, I do have a full review here where I explain in more detail why I wouldn't buy it again. However if you would like to try it, it is available HERE.
The Finished Look
So those are all the products I used to create the makeup look for my FOTD post, I hope you like the look and enjoyed the post, as I said it is the 1st time I have written a face of the day post but it was requested so I thought I would give it a go and I hope you liked it, especially if you requested it.
Have you tried any of the products I used in my FOTD post? Or would you like to try any of the products I used? Please let me know in the comments and if you have any makeup recommendations for me, please let me know, I love chatting with you in the comments and hearing your thoughts.
Thank you for reading, much love as always