Today I am sharing my thoughts with you on the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette, I am aware that there are about 5 million blog posts on this palette online already but a lot of people who read my what I got for my birthday post (see that post here) asked me if I could write a post on the palette and share my thoughts, so here goes.
As with all Too Faced products the packaging of the Chocolate Bon Bon palette is lovely, I only popped my Too Faced cherry at Christmas when my lovely friend bought me the Boidoir Eyes Palette and since then I have been lucky to have receive a couple of the Love Flush blushes and the Chocolate Bon Bon palette and all the products have had incredible packaging. Since first trying Too Faced products I have not been disappointed in any of the products I have tried and this palette is no exception.
The palette comes with a good size mirror in the lid of the packaging and the actual packaging is a pastel pink metal palette housing the shadows which are all heart shaped and there are also 2 rectangular shades, it is such a pretty palette both outside and in and it also smells of chocolate which is lovely, it isn't too sickly or overpowering, you just get a slight chocolate scent as you apply it, it's lovely.
I have used all the shadows in the palette and they are all stunning, some are more pigmented than others which is to be expected with any eyeshadow palette but they all have excellent pigmentation and all apply beautifully to the eyes. I have swatched the shadows in rows starting with the top row as there are far too many to fit onto one arm!
1. Almond Truffle - A muted cool toned mauve/brown shade with a matte finish.
2. Satin Sheets - A warm toned pink/gold with a frost finish.
3. Sprinkles - A warm toned pale pink with a gold undertone and a sheen finish.
4. Molasses Chip - A warm toned copper/bronze shadow with a sheen finish.
5. Malted - A warm dark chocolate brown with a matte finish and slight gold glittery specs.
6. Cashew Chew - A warm toned light peach/pink with a shimmer finish.
7. Cotton Candy - A cool toned pale pink with a frost finish.
8. Cafe Au Lait - A light/medium brown/champagne with a sheen finish.
9. Bordeaux - A muted dark brown with burgundy undertones with a matte finish.
10. Mocha - A warm toned medium brown with a matte finish.
11. Blackcurrant - A purple/plum with copper undertone and slight copper glittery specs, with a sparkly frost finish.
12. Dark Truffle - A warm deep chocolate brown with a reddish undertone, with a sheen finish.
13. Pecan Praline - A warm toned light/medium taupe with a matte finish.
14. Totally Fetch - A cool toned fuchsia pink with a shimmer finish.
15. Earl Grey - A cool toned teal/black with a shimmer finish.
16. Divinity - A cream/light beige with a barely there micro sparkle finish, looks almost matte.
I really like all the shadows, there are some I won't use as much as others, I don't think I'll get a lot of wear out of Earl Grey but it is nice as a lower lash line shade and Totally Fetch I will use as a blush rather than an eyeshadow, but all the rest of the shades I will use, usually in a palette with 16 shadows there would be more than 2 shades I wouldn't use much but all the shades are really wearable shades, I have used Cotton Candy far more than I thought I would, it looks lovely on the lid with Dark Truffle in the crease, using Almond Truffle as a transition shade, all the shades are lovely and if you like neutral eyeshadows I would highly recommend this palette to you.
All the shades apply well and blend beautifully, some are more pigmented than others and some have more fall out than others but that's inevitable with a palette with 16 shadows in, but all the shadows have brilliant pigmentation and the fall out is minimal with them all.
My make up using the Chocolate Bon Bon palette
In the photograph above I had used Almond Truffle as my transition shade with Dark Truffle in my crease and under my lower lash line and I used Divinity on the lid and in the inner corner and under my brow bone.
Overall, I love this palette, all the shades are incredible and apply and blend beautifully, I have worn the shadows for 10 hours and didn't experience any fading or creasing (I do use an eyeshadow primer) the shadows wear really well, I am really pleased with the palette and have been reaching for it each time I do my makeup over the last few weeks, it is a beautiful palette and one I highly recommend.
You can find the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette on the Debenhams website HERE for £39.00.
Have you tried this palette? Do you love Too Faced products as much as I do? Let me know if you can recommend any other Too Faced products to me in the comments, I'm loving the brand and only wish I'd discovered it sooner.
Thank you for reading, much love as always